swatti

[FEAT REQ] Fan speed override for overhangs

Posted · [FEAT REQ] Fan speed override for overhangs

Most overhangs come VERY nice but there is a part about 250mm long with a mere 45-decree overhan on its side and that comes out terribad, massive droopping.

I manually tried to fire up the fans at full during those and it had some positive effect, sadly it overcooled the part and it peeled from the bed.

Simple idea: Overhang-settings active? If yes, enable fan-speed override. If possible, to fire up the fans BEFORE they reach the desired area, a settings box.

NIIIICE!

Any chance this will make it to regular build?

13 minutes ago, swatti said:

NIIIICE!

Any chance this will make it to regular build?

No, it has already been rejected by the Cura guardians.

Thats odd... Any reason why?

I can't remember for sure, I've had quite a few offerings rejected. I don't make a big deal about it, just move on.