swatti

Can i "artificially" generate gaps between first layer lines? PIC!

Posted (edited) · Can i "artificially" generate gaps between first layer lines? PIC!

My first layer tends to overlap. If increase "line width" to 200%, cura will try to widen the print to that. If i increase layer height, once again cura tries to compensate by extruding more.

What i want is to do the "200% line widths" but with and actual "100% width" leaving gaps between every line. These i would then over-extrude and fill via that way, gaining good adhesion.

Edited by swatti

Posted · Can i "artificially" generate gaps between first layer lines? PIC!

Pic added.

See how the infill is. I want THAT on my walls and everything else, but only in the first layer.

Tumbler.JPG

Reduce their initial layer flow.

Alternatively, adjust your bed height physically.

2 hours ago, bagel-orb said:

Reduce their initial layer flow.

Alternatively, adjust your bed height physically.

Lowering flow or printing higher wont work. That just reduces the contact surface.

I want to have the wall-lines wider/further apart from each other, like the infill in the pic is. I want to then add over-extruding that will squish the filament down to addhere better.
The infill comes in perfect, but the walls are too close and overlap.

I hope you understand what im trying to do here.

So what you do is set the line width to 200%, but set the flow to 50%, so that in the end the lines are extruded 100%, but spaces 200%.

On 3/23/2020 at 1:36 PM, bagel-orb said:

So what you do is set the line width to 200%, but set the flow to 50%, so that in the end the lines are extruded 100%, but spaces 200%.

Niiiice. These settings look like they do the thing.

Big thx, once again.