CCA1

no PVA to select

Posted · no PVA to select

So I have an Ultimaker 2 Extended Plus with the Mark2 conversion. So I have dual extruders.

In the new Cura 4.5.0, I am in the "Prepare" screen and have my "Mark2 for Ultimaker2" selection chosen as my printer. In my material choices, I can NOT find PVA anywhere. When I go to "Add more materials from Marketplace" to try and add it it sais Ultimaker PVA is already installed? 

Is it because I do not have an Ultimaker 3 or better chosen as my printer that it will not allow me to have PVA in my list of available materials? And if so, How can I change this, as we all know the Mark2 can print with it?

I didn't know if this should go in the Materials section or the Add on section so I just picked one. Hopefully it's the right one.  ; )

Thank you,

- Jason

4 hours ago, CCA1 said:

not allow me to have PVA in my list of available materials?

The technical reason is easy:

The Mark2 definition inherits from the regular Ultimaker2 plus definition - and Ultimaker has a whole bunch of materials excluded for the latter. See:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/blob/master/resources/definitions/ultimaker2_plus.def.json#L16

If you want to experiment - copy the marked line from the Ultimaker2 to the "Mark2"- json-file and define your own list. Essentially: overwrite the list with a shorter (or even empty?) list.

OK thanks! I am going to play around with this.