abrgome

Edit/create gcode question

Posted · Edit/create gcode question

Sorry, I'm not an Ultimaker owner.Two years ago ( when I was 80 )  I decided to start with 3D printing as my new hobby. Recently  I stopped using the Repetier-Host and started to use Cura 4.2.1 and I would be very grateful to get some help.

Since  started to use Cura 4.2.1 I can not edit, to add a G code....., and hope to find here the help I'm looking for.

Best Regards,

Abraham Gome

Hi @abrgome I've created a new topic for you in the correct sub-category (Cura). This increases the chances of someone reading your question who knows the answer. Perhaps, in the meantime, you can elaborate a little bit on your question. 

Is Cura not producing gcodes, or do you not know how to do it? 

Thank you,

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reaction. Those days I voluntired to print a part for a face sheild  fused by the coronavirus fighters using an STL file I received. The problem is that when printing ends the nozzle is near fo touching the surface of the print and makes difficult to remove the part. I'm interested to add/change the last Gcode before printing stops so, the hotbed will move 20 - 30 mm from the  product surface. I do not know how to see the "Gcode edit" window.

Your kind help will be more than appreciated.

Abraham Gome