Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Slower speeds above support, or what's the name of that layer?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Slower speeds above support, or what's the name of that layer?

I print a large flange on top of support, and it's never really come out as good as I would like.  I know there is a top/bottom speed setting, but I would really like to change the speed above support.  Enabling bridge mode doesn't get triggered here, but that would be my preference, because there are a lot of parameters I can change to suit my need there.

I think the layer above support is called a "bottom layer".  If I set that speed as low as I want, then the first layer speed really does take a long time.


  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Our picks

      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
          • Like
        • 14 replies
    • Create New...