First layer question with . 8mm nozzle

alokpant

Posted (edited) · First layer question with . 8mm nozzle

I am new on 3D printing. This is rhetorical question as this is very common issue and many answers out there; though I am still trying to find a good method to get a handle of this. I  recently got ultimaker 2+ It seems to work well with 0.4 mm and it started with same problem of first layer not sticking but now I have it working though nozzle height adjustment and use of glue+brim . However I just changed to 0.8 mm nozzle and ran the same issue.  I am trying out few things and looking for suggestion on best way to address these issues. Here are few things I did after changing also cura setting from 0.4mm -> 0.8mm and use of brim

a) Realign the bed to adjust for nozzle height (did not help) and

b) Change bed temperature to 70 (no help). Use the brim (did not help)

c) Apply the UHC stic glue on the glass (help a little but still peel)

d) Change cura setting to reduce the initial layer speed layer all the way down to 15 mm/s. . This made the most improvement but I still see minor peel on internal section.

Any suggestion on how should I fine tune further. What is the reasonable first layer speed/setting with larger nozzle. Is there setting to reduce the extrusion amount in the first layer. Should it be less or more.  and cooling (i do have fan disabled on first layer)

Thanksyou!

Edited by alokpant