Zits problem appearing in travel moves?

Posted (edited) · Zits problem appearing in travel moves?

Hi

I am new to Cura and moved to it because I had problem with zits in S3D, but now I also got them in Cura. I run a Corexy built printer. Hope that someone could help me with this!

I have narrowed down the problem to a very small travel move that cura does exactly after completing the whole outer layer. The first image shows where cura starts the outer layer.

The second image shows a small move over the already completed layer that makes a zit appear.
The third image shows the zits, and they are all placed where I can view in the preview where cura makes this very little travel move. I have tried many different settings but I cant get rid of that little move... So there is probably a setting for this but I havent found it! Plz help needed.

The stl is an regular 3dbenchy, attaching my curaprofile and the gcode generated

LayerChange1_LI.jpg

LayerChange3_LI.jpg

ZitsBlob.jpg

PETGCuraProfile.curaprofile CFFFP_3DBenchy.gcode

Edited by perolalars

Posted · Zits problem appearing in travel moves?

Thought that someone could have a pointer on what to adjust to get rid of this issue?! Have searched the forum but no information found regarding this (but maybe I use the wrong search words?)...

Hello Perolalars, 

I'm too a beginner with Cura. I think you'll find the answer into the TRAVEL section where you can specify Zhop and retraction, if that helps at all...

image.png.7ec6c793c6ece3b792aa86d028e7865e.png

image.png

@Framar Thank you for your input, but I have tried all that already. I managed to get rid of the little movement along the outer wall (Outer Wall Wipe Distance) but there is still a very short stop in movement, both at the start of the outer perimeter and at the stop that makes my zits. As you can see (barely) in the image there is like a "double" zit where that layer starts and finishes.... and I have not find any settings (yet) addressing this issue. Thought that going from S3D to Cura would Cure (hehe) that...

Zits2.JPG