Operation of machine.

Posted · Operation of machine.

So i build ultimaker 2 clone with third party board (skr 1.4). I'l like to get replay from peopole who own generic ultimaker 2. 

How machine operates when you press arrow up or down on z axis.

Does build plate moves up when arrow up press or it's inverted.

I did set it up. so it home to max limit switch at the bottom.  So when i press home it's homing to bottom ( max limit switch) but if i press arrow up my build plate will move down.

if my arrows controls build plate correctly then when trying to home plate moves other direction.

Trying to find out is this ok or i need to do more research.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 21.50.30.png

IMG_3659.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
    Posted (edited) · Operation of machine.

Looks great.

Sorry, but can't awnser your question.

I see that you are running an E3D V6. I'm waiting for the parts to do a similar build and was wondering what printerhead mount you have used? I could not find it on thingiverse.

Because I already have a Prusa MK2.5s, Prusa MK3s and a Zaribo 320 MK3 I'm very familiar with Prusa parts and have lots of spares.

Thats why i like the idea of reusing a Pinda probe. I did order a Trianglelab Dragon Hotend to try on this machine.

You used a coupler on the z-spindle. is that working out ok? I was thinking of mounting the bottom side using a KFL08 and an extra belt to the stepper. Maybe even do a 2:1 gear ratio.

Edited by Merdeka

12 hours ago, Merdeka said:

Looks great.

Sorry, but can't awnser your question.

I see that you are running an E3D V6. I'm waiting for the parts to do a similar build and was wondering what printerhead mount you have used? I could not find it on thingiverse.

Because I already have a Prusa MK2.5s, Prusa MK3s and a Zaribo 320 MK3 I'm very familiar with Prusa parts and have lots of spares.

Thats why i like the idea of reusing a Pinda probe. I did order a Trianglelab Dragon Hotend to try on this machine.

You used a coupler on the z-spindle. is that working out ok? I was thinking of mounting the bottom side using a KFL08 and an extra belt to the stepper. Maybe even do a 2:1 gear ratio.

here is link to hotend mount for e3d: Mounting unit

Z axis couple is fine no issues at all. if you need more resolution on z axis just fit 0.9 stepper. 

• 1 month later...
    On 4/15/2020 at 5:36 PM, Anthrix said:

So i build ultimaker 2 clone with third party board (skr 1.4). I'l like to get replay from peopole who own generic ultimaker 2. 

How machine operates when you press arrow up or down on z axis.

Does build plate moves up when arrow up press or it's inverted.

I did set it up. so it home to max limit switch at the bottom.  So when i press home it's homing to bottom ( max limit switch) but if i press arrow up my build plate will move down.

if my arrows controls build plate correctly then when trying to home plate moves other direction.

Trying to find out is this ok or i need to do more research.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 21.50.30.png

IMG_3659.jpg

@Anthrix Really inspired by your clone build. I'm curious about your MK52 bed plate. Did you create a custom strain relief file for the wiring? Also, was wondering the size of the solid spacers you used?