Camera not working

kayakbabe

Posted · Camera not working

Hello, can you provide some more information regarding your Ultimaker S5 or why you can not see it? Does it never work, or only sometimes? Are you connected to the internet? How do you try to access it? 

Thank you,

5 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hello, can you provide some more information regarding your Ultimaker S5 or why you can not see it? Does it never work, or only sometimes? Are you connected to the internet? How do you try to access it? 

Thank you,

I have the same problem. Camera constantly stops working in middle of print. It is not acceptable a machine that costs this much to have a bug like this for so long. I just updated the firmware for the 5.5.12-20200226 version and it hasn't been 10 minutes from the start of the print and the camera already doesn't work. 

The network features of this machines are useless.

Already regret the purchase.

Hi @NunoMPG, thank you for your message. 

Similar as the post you are responding to; can you provide some more information regarding your Ultimaker S5 or why you can not see it? Is this 10 minute disconnect pretty normal in your experience or does it also stay connected longer at different times? Are you connected to the internet via wifi or ethernet? And is your S5 the host to multiple printers or are you running 1 Ultimaker S5? These could all be factors influencing your connectivity. 

We are aware that the connectivity can still be improved, and we hope to provide another step towards better connectivity in the upcoming firmware upgrade. 

2 hours ago, SandervG said:

Hi @NunoMPG, thank you for your message. 

Similar as the post you are responding to; can you provide some more information regarding your Ultimaker S5 or why you can not see it? Is this 10 minute disconnect pretty normal in your experience or does it also stay connected longer at different times? Are you connected to the internet via wifi or ethernet? And is your S5 the host to multiple printers or are you running 1 Ultimaker S5? These could all be factors influencing your connectivity. 

We are aware that the connectivity can still be improved, and we hope to provide another step towards better connectivity in the upcoming firmware upgrade. 

Hello,

10 minutes is just an example of how quickly I lose connection with ultimaker. Sometimes is more and sometimes less.

Our S5 is connected via ethernet and we are only running one printer.

Attached is a log file. I noticed some errors at the end of the log, it seems something related to the camera. 

dmesg.log

I started this topic because I want to see what is printing over the Internet. The printer is five miles away from my home. On a multi hour or day print, it would Useful to peek in from time to time. When I bought the S5, all the stuff promoting the printer talked about how it was possible to view the printing with the built in camera. That’s a large part of why I picked this printer. However , that’s been a bunch of bunk. I was hoping this last update to the firmware and the digitalfactory would provide it. Nope. I am disappointed again. It seriously isn’t hard to do this online Webcam video stuff. Every doorbell company is doing it.

so when are we going to be able to see our ultimaker built in cameras remotely?

OMG! Thank you Ultimaker! I just read the notes for the 5.7.3 update. Seeing a still in the digital factory every 10 seconds will be great! Thank You!

p.s. keep the great updates coming!

• Like 1

Posted (edited) · Camera not working

Can we have an eta on 5.7?

Edited by kayakbabe

4 hours ago, kayakbabe said:

Can we have an eta on 5.7?

We are already in 5.7 (5.7.3 to be exact). You can find the firmware via this link and click Update firmware.