Variables in Material tab

dtose

Posted · Variables in Material tab

Hello everyone,

I tried to figure this out myself but wasn't able to. So please excuse me, if I overlooked a solution to this on the board.

When I set up my materials from a default printing template I have for example printing temperature as a varibale for what I set in my material template.

Now if I create a copy of that printing template and just once alter that value to whatever temperature I think of and close Cura (or save the template forgetting I changed that value), I can't get it back to this variable.

Is there a way to do that?

In addition - is there a way to set build plate temperature initial layer relative to build plate temperature (e.g. 1st layer 10° lower than normal build plate temperature)?

Regards,

dtose

49 minutes ago, dtose said:

Is there a way to do that?

You can do that by installing the Material Settings plugin. It should show you a "revert arrow" if you change a value on the Print Settings on the Material preferences pane.

50 minutes ago, dtose said:

is there a way to set build plate temperature initial layer relative to build plate temperature

Yes, but only by editing text files, and not for values set per material in the Materials pane of the preferences.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited) · Variables in Material tab

Hello ahoeben,

thank you for your help.

As with your octoprint-plugin, this plugin seems pretty helpful to me. Would it be possible to include initial layer flow in this plugin?

I like to change flowrates for the first layer. So if I were able to adjust all the material related settings in the material tab / your plugin, it would be a very comfortable solution.

You can do that by installing the Material Settings plugin. It should show you a "revert arrow" if you change a value on the Print Settings on the Material preferences pane.

Maybe I didn't state my intent very good. What I meant was:

cura_material.JPG.c7a928e37c57f1e0066f563c2402fbda.JPG

Is there some way to get the previously saved 75° back to the variable it was at the beginning (linked to build plate temperature).

It might seem like a minor thing, but I'm pretty new to printing and still experiment a lot with the settings. So it happens to me from time to time that I forget to revert changes before saving the profile. That results in having to create an entirely new one to get the links to other settings back.

Oh, and what I wrote in my first post isn't entirely correct. Just quitting Cura won't save the changes finally. I can revert from there.

Best regards,

dtose

Edited by dtose

57 minutes ago, dtose said:

Would it be possible to include initial layer flow in this plugin?

Sure. See Extentions -> Material Settings -> Configure Material Settings

58 minutes ago, dtose said:

Is there some way to get the previously saved 75° back to the variable it was at the beginning

Yes, by "removing" (reverting) the setting in the Print Settings tab on the Materials pane of the preferences, with the Material Settings plugin installed.

Once again, thank you very much for your work and help.

That plugin is a real help for me.

1 hour ago, ahoeben said:

Yes, by "removing" (reverting) the setting in the Print Settings tab on the Materials pane of the preferences, with the Material Settings plugin installed.

That doesn't work for me if I set a value in curas print settings.

But now I only have to create the printing profile once and can adjust with your plugin 👍

Thanks!