Problem with Manage Printer menu

Myrkytyn

Posted · Problem with Manage Printer menu

Hello! I have problems with Manage Printer menu in Cura 4.3-4.6. In Cura 4.2.1 all works fine.

Problem: when i add custom printer i dont have menu where i can customize it.

Screenshot_3.jpg

Screenshot_4.jpg

Posted (edited) · Problem with Manage Printer menu

Can you try "Activating" one of the other printers using the Activate button? Do the other printers have "Machine Setting" button once they are activated?

Edited by ahoeben
    • Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 7:48 PM, ahoeben said:

Can you try "Activating" one of the other printers using the Activate button? Do the other printers have "Machine Setting" button once they are activated?

Yes, i can ativate printer. But i have also nothing in settings.
    For example if i add and activate Ultimaker Original - i have these menus (Cura 4.5)1450931574_.thumb.png.0fc6c82c8691aca0c8166a5907ee0e57.png

Hi mnswamp did you resolve not being able to add a custom printer I’ve downloaded version 4.6.0. And 4.6.1 and again only Ultimaker printers in the add printer list no option to add custom printer or the fff one as per the user guide ?

• Like 1

The display properties of Cura must be intended for people with really, really big monitors.  The scroll bars for that form are hidden/nearly invisible.  If you get right on the right edge of the window with the Ultimaker printers in it, you can eventually get the scroll bars to appear.  I'll try to get a screen grab off my other machine and post up.  

Once you get the scroll bars to move, all the printers show up like you would expect.

• Like 1
    • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, VOCAPTAIN said:

Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png

1051992158_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.16555588c46950e5198296b481eb8b2c.png

324540597_findprinter2.thumb.png.dc641bddcf52d6c1205a180f83a4a752.pngYou have to slide your mouse right along the right edge of the box until you can see the slider.  Once you know it's there, it isn't a big deal - and this works on other menu objects in Cura as well.  

find printer.png

• Like 1

Hi thanks yes that works perfectly, i was just adding screen shots to show you can still edit the custom FFF printer for both printer and extruder