Posted · Lenovo

Is there a way to load Cura onto my Lenovo laptop.  I hate to have to return it and buy another just because it doesn't have Windows.

Thank you,

Craig.

Posted · Lenovo
8 hours ago, omniderb said:

just because it doesn't have Windows.

If not Windows, what does it have? If Linux, just use a Linux release.

Posted · Lenovo

I am unfamiliar with different operating systems.  I have only used Windows.  I have a Lenovo Chromebook.  I think the operating system is Google.  Is there a way to run Cura on the Chromebook.

Thanks.

Posted · Lenovo
44 minutes ago, omniderb said:

Is there a way to run Cura on the Chromebook.

If your chromebook supports running Linux which a lot of them do these days then you can run the Linux AppImage. Here's a thread that talks about running Cura on a chromebook

Posted · Lenovo

Thank you for your help.  It looks like there should be something called Cura.appimage available.  When I do a search for it in Ultimaker, the only info I get is answers from the community.  I can’t figure out how do download the Cura.appimage.

Posted · Lenovo

Ok, after stumbling around and banging into walls, I finally found the cura.appimage at github.  I’m downloading it now.  The next question is I am supposed to make it executable using my file manager or by entering certain commands into a terminal.  What is a terminal?  Where is the file manager.?

Thanks.

Posted · Lenovo

I guess it doesn’t matter anymore.  The download gets just so far and quits.  I’ve tried it few times but it refuses to complete.