Waves in print? I dont want to surf, please HALP!

viitapiru

Posted · Waves in print? I dont want to surf, please HALP!

Hi! I'm bit of a newbie, so please dont hurt me (bad).

I'm trying to print PLA to Glass plate. Glass has some hair spray in it. Leveling "OK" not good but, cant get better with this printer.

Plate temp 42c extruder temp 200

Software Cura, printer Creality CR10-S

What is going on here? First time that i see this kind of behavior?

IMG_20200429_121558.jpg

That happens once in a while and I never figured out why.  It's like there are bubbles under the plastic.  I've washed the glass, re-coated with hair spray, and using the same roll of PLA it didn't do it.  I've heard people blame it on the PLA having absorbed moisture but I don't know about that since the same roll printed fine for me the next time.

Then another day it would do it on freshly cleaned glass with a different roll of PLA.  Like I said, I never chased it down.

Somebody got a pretty good idea on this one. He suggested that there is small "loose" on printer frame and extruder can move little. I have to check it out when 2 days lasting print is over. Somehow moisture in PLA sounds like joke to me. Perhaps if you store it in water or something like that..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies