Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 4.6.1 Helpers translucent in Line Type Layer View

willcaddy

Posted · Cura 4.6.1 Helpers translucent in Line Type Layer View

Hello everyone 🙂 

Apologies if this is just a case of me not knowing where the option is lol but in Cura 4.6.1, the helpers (light blue colour for support etc) is translucent. Now in some cases this is very useful but for the most part I preferred it being a solid colour. Is there an option to change this back? I couldn't find it and Google isn't helping as I don't entirely know what I should be searching for -_- 

I have attached an image of what I mean. 

Thanks a lot in advance! 

All the best,

Will 🙂 

image.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, willcaddy said:

Is there an option to change this back?

Nope.

At least not easily. You could go the route of a custom theme. Switching themes requires a restart though, so it will not be a convenient toggle switch. Let me know if the amount of trouble you are willing to go through.

Thanks for the reply mate!

To be honest I don't mind a semi- permanent workaround because I don't think i will miss the see-through-ness much lol What would you need to do for a custom theme? 

Thanks again 🙂

* Download this file (see the "Raw" button) as theme.json: https://gist.github.com/fieldOfView/e00ca6953754e53962196a0af4b9f256

* In Cura go to "Help -> Show configuration folder"

* In the "themes" folder create a new folder named "cura-nontransparent" and place the theme.json file in it

* Restart Cura

* Go to the General preferences and from the theme dropdown select "Ultimaker Dark non-transparent helpers"

* Restart Cura again

You should now have the same dark Cura theme, with the transparent helpers turned opaque.

• Thanks 2