Tree Support alway has its trunk interrupted

Polytech

Posted · Tree Support alway has its trunk interrupted

Hello all, first post here. Glad to have found the community! I am trying the tree support feature, that seems like it would be a great fit for the standing tall models, like the one on my picture. But I always have this one problem - the trunk of that support, as it were, is always broken in the middle. As you can see on the print screen - it goes up until a certain point, and then the diameter suddenly jumps, which makes the part of the support above it fail.

I have played with the the tree support settings, but to no avail - best I can do is to move the breakage point  up of down on the trunk, but it never fully goes away. I'll try post my settings, but I also tried to slice with the defaults - same result. 

Is there anything I can do? 

Cura  v. 4.6.1, MacOS

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 7.48.40 PM.png

gap-in-support.png

• 1 year later...
    Posted · Tree Support alway has its trunk interrupted
    On 5/24/2020 at 9:57 AM, Polytech said:

But I always have this one problem - the trunk of that support, as it were, is always broken in the middle

If you were simply having the issue with one model I would suspect that corrupt topology that's confusing the slicer, but because you say it's "always broken", I'm assuming with different models, I suspect this may not be the case.

Either way, this looks like a bug that may have been fixed by now, but if not you'd probably need to provide a model that has this issue for people to look into it further.