Ender 3 pro started have issues ending

Posted (edited) · Ender 3 pro started have issues ending

The file got corrupted somehow.  That looks like machine talk (maybe hexidecimal, maybe garbage) that the text program is trying to decipher.  Could be that some of the file ended up in a bad sector on the memory card.  Try re-formatting that card. Some of the Creality card readers don't seem to like really large capacity SD cards either.  I don't see the printer writing to a file though.

The garbage in that file starts in "mid-line".  The end if the file is missing.

Did you make a copy to your hard drive right out of the slicer so you can compare the two? 

Edited by GregValiant

Posted · Ender 3 pro started have issues ending
    1 hour ago, GregValiant said:

The file got corrupted somehow.  That looks like machine talk (maybe hexidecimal, maybe garbage) that the text program is trying to decipher.  Could be that some of the file ended up in a bad sector on the memory card.  Try re-formatting that card. Some of the Creality card readers don't seem to like really large capacity SD cards either.  I don't see the printer writing to a file though.

The garbage in that file starts in "mid-line".  The end if the file is missing.

Did you make a copy to your hard drive right out of the slicer so you can compare the two? 

Solidworks, saved as STL, opened in Cura 4.4.1, sliced and saved to SD card.  I placed the car in the Ender but removed it to to check the code because I saw this happening to the OEM SD card the last time i used it.    Its an issue with Cura, or maybe a  virus from a downloaded model then slicing it in cure?    Its defiantly happening in between Cura and the USB port though.   Can custom slice settings cause this?  The issue maybe started when i upgraded to 4.4.1 from 4.1.0 and i think i imported the settings over.  Not sure i only use it once a month due to insufficient time to model parts but really need it to work when i do like any other tool.  I'm trying to print a complete gauge cluster for a bus i have been converting to a motor-coach. 

image.thumb.png.96884257abfc07255fdaa9b0959960db.png 

W/out closing the file I have re-saved the slice to the PC and other SD cards w/ different reader and than back to the original SD card and reader but can't duplicate the corruption.     This is a pretty big issue because it may start a fire having the bed and nozzle on untended all night.  

You don't have to check the entire file.  Just the last few lines.  They should show the heaters shutting off and the steppers disabling.  My gcode files have a lot of comments after the ";End of Gcode" line.  A quick glance will let you know if the file is fit to print.

You can open the file in your text editor and do a "Find" for "End of Gcode".  If it's in the file then the file is complete.  Just above that line you should see M106, M104, and M140 all set to zero.

The end of the file should look something like this:

M203 X900.00 Y900.00 Z50.00 E50.00;  Last move of the actual print
    G1 X0 Y225 ;Present print
    M106 S0 ;Turn-off fan
    M104 S0 ;Turn-off hotend
    M140 S0 ;Turn-off bed

M84 X Y E ;Disable all steppers but Z
    M82 ;absolute extrusion mode
    M104 S0
    ;End of Gcode

I'm still thinking it was corruption of the card.  Hard to chase down.  Cura seems very stable and not prone to doing stupid things.  You may want to re-install for piece of mind though.