Missing and extra lines

Mogwaisix

Posted · Missing and extra lines

Hi All

I am new to 3D printing and enjoying learning the tricks. Not too many failed prints and have spent a lot of time on Youtube and forums and managed to solve most of my problems but this one has me stumped.

Why can I not slice this right? Model size is 160mm x 64 x 4. I am guessing it is something to do with holes and overlaps and tried some software to repair it but it seems to stall.

Looking for ideas as to what we are doing wrong.

Thanks!

missing lines 1.png

missing lines 2.png

missing lines.png

RocketLogo.stl

The model has problems, it's not manifold (aka watertight). Install the Mesh Tools from the marketplace to get these warnings.

Screenshot_2020-06-05_14-09-17.thumb.png.bb2963258d0cbddf20662cfd61adc142.png

Having said that, it seemed to slice reasonably OK for me...

Screenshot_2020-06-05_14-10-44.thumb.png.88028329b2c96c5d738577ecfaa3699b.png

Thanks for the reply and confirmed what I thought might be the problem. The design done in 2D then made 3D and had too many overlaps. It is now fixed in the original design and looks great.

I have the Mesh tools now too.

Thanks al lot!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies