Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
JohnInOttawa

Varying print temperature during a print

Posted · Varying print temperature during a print

Good morning everyone!  This has probably been asked and answered many times, but my search so far has not found it.

I see a number of calibration prints when the temperature varies with height - clearly this really accelerates dialing in the correct temperature for a filament and nozzle combination.

I cannot see how to accomplish a variable temperature print on the UM3 using Cura.  Is this possible?  If so, how?  Is it done within Cura settings, or does it require G-code editing afterwards?

Thanks!

John

I may have found an answer, as I thought about the last line and editing G-code, which led me to post processing options where I found the experimental ChangeatZ script.   Is this the recommended solution?  If so, I'd appreciate thoughts on what worked or didn't with it.

Cheers

John

22 hours ago, JohnInOttawa said:

I may have found an answer, as I thought about the last line and editing G-code, which led me to post processing options where I found the experimental ChangeatZ script.   Is this the recommended solution?  If so, I'd appreciate thoughts on what worked or didn't with it.

Cheers

John

I have been using this. It seems to work pretty well but will kick out an ER999 code so just know that is what it is from.

• Thanks 1

Thank you!  Does the print stop at that code and if so, how have you got around it?

Much appreciated.

John