Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
3dcase

Flow rate adjustment ulticontroller

Hi Anybody,

posting this question in dual extruder gave no response, so I hope more people are reading his part of the forum.

Looking for someone who has an idea, or is capable to change the firmware?

I use the ulticontroller and a dual extruder setup.

Is it possible for somebody, to make a sepparate Flow adjustment per nozzle?

Now the one flow rate adjustment is supposed to work for the both extruders, so I like to have a an extra one for the 2nd extruder (like with the temp.).

I know you can adjust it with the filament diameter, but would be handy if it worked on the Fly.

Regards Kees

It's some time ago... :wink:

Such an implementation is possible in Marlin.

I would suggest it that way:

- keep the current multiplicator as it is (to keep things compatible)

- add an additional multiplicator per extruder

- extend gcode M221

- M221 Sxxx sets the overall multiplicator

- M221 Ty Sxxx sets the extruder-specific multiplicator for extruder 'y'

What do you think?

Today, I successfully implemented above mentioned code. On my Marlin fork, you can now find the implementation of individually (means per extruder) adjustable flow rate. Be aware that new adjustment factors were introduced (as described above).

This is the path to my fork: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Marlin If someone wants to test the new code but needs assistance, please feel free to send me a PM. A pull-up to the official Marlin version has been issued.

There is also an experimental version of the TweakAtZ plugin which uses the new possibility: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.1.2_IEF.py

Today, I successfully implemented above mentioned code. On my Marlin fork, you can now find the implementation of individually (means per extruder) adjustable flow rate. Be aware that new adjustment factors were introduced (as described above).

This is the path to my fork: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Marlin If someone wants to test the new code but needs assistance, please feel free to send me a PM. A pull-up to the official Marlin version has been issued.

There is also an experimental version of the TweakAtZ plugin which uses the new possibility: https://github.com/Dim3nsioneer/Cura-Plugins/raw/master/TweakAtZ.3.1.2_IEF.py

OMG :):):). The first serious direct answer on one of my questions/requests.

Thanks!!!

Looks impressive :).

I will give it a try, when I've figured out how to get it in my printer...

The answer on, How to?, will be here on the forums I guess.

More good news: It's already in the official version (thx ErikZalm!)

[...]

I will give it a try, when I've figured out how to get it in my printer...

The answer on, How to?, will be here on the forums I guess.

Have a look here: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4347-how-to-compile-marlin-firmware/, especially post no. 6 by gr5.

[...]

Side question: HB support is as usually via config.h and preheat is also included - isnt?

configuration.h, yes, there are quite a lot of comments in the file which show you, how to activate and chose features. In your case it's important to acitvate the bed. But be careful with the Bed-PID option. Only use that one if you have a solid state relay. Alternatively, you can run marlinbuilder.robotfuzz.com and save the configuration.h from there.

Preheat of the bed is included in preheating PLA and preheating ABS with the preset temperature each. I have not yet included the separate extruder1, extruder2 and bed heating in my fork.

Hi!

I tested it yesterday but got a few troubles when merging my modifications into the Eric-Version.

I will play with it a bit more today and see what comes out... :smile:

Why don't you try it the other way round? Merging just the changes for the new functionality into your personal Marlin code might be more safe and lead to quick success... :-P

That´s what I tried today - also thought "qwuick success" - but ... nope...

My code is based on the UM fork by Daid, enhanced by the "preheat" features.

Currently I have some minor troubles merging it as I think there are some other modifications made since Jannuary...

Hi! Thank you for this offer!

I started this evening one more time from scratch & daid's fork and started implementing one after the other. Unfortunately not finished yet, but hopefully tomorrow I will know if it works as expected.

Again, thank you, i will come back to your offer when failimg again.