Examples of ultimaker model for Architects

ian

Posted · Examples of ultimaker model for Architects

Examples of ultimaker model for Architects.

I am very interested in using the ultimaker to create clean architect concept models.

I am searching at the moment for some good examples of what has already been done.

If anyone has any photos of ultimaker architect models, please share them here.

Thanks.

Ian. :D

here are 3 examples BUT not from ultimaker.

These were created with the online service Shapeways.

I am really interested to see how close the ultimaker could compare with the shapeway products ??

Ian

photo20037.jpg

http://www.shapeways.com/model/135766/house.html?gid=mg

photo30056.jpghttp://www.shapeways.com/model/191333/mv_s_house__first_floor.html?gid=mg

can the guys that actually have this printer working please post some sample photos of what they have been able to print ?

please.

ian

guys you chaps must be bagging out new stuff every night with your ultimakers, please start making a few photos and share them here please-

thanks.

Ian :D

2012-03-19+17.49.18.jpg

Hoover Tower (failed print).

IMG_20120318_194420.small.jpeg

Value headquarters building. (not really, but they should do that!)

Seeker, that looks like a "cool plugin messed up my print" issue. I just added a minimal feedrate setting to SkeinPyPy in an attempt to prevent this.

thanks guys for the new pics.

can i ask what is a cool plugin and why did it cause the mis print of of this buildings roof?

thanks.

Ian :)

can i ask what is a cool plugin and why did it cause the mis print of of this buildings roof?
    It's a setting that slows down the print if the layers are small, so the layers get more time to cool. You set a minimum time for each layer, if the layer takes less time then the configured time then it's slowed down so it takes the right amount of time.

All fine, until you get really small layers, at which the speed is so slow that the head from the printer head melts the lower layers, and the oozing from the printer head causes blobs. It's very noticeable on a tower top, where the last few layers are just a few mm of extrusion in total.

ah ok !

would a solution to this be. to attach 1 or more cooling fans to the side of the printing head ?

I have seen this done before and then, that would mean, the printer could go faster with thinner layers??

is it hard to plugin extra cooling fans ?

thanks and best wishes guys.

Ian :)

No, this was an "home Z-axis" problem. I dont use skeinforge ;)

EDIT: I printed this on a machine with older firmware, seems that my Z+5 caused it to home the Z-axis...

thanks for the feedback.

i actually just spotted this zcorp model on another tread here on the forum.

I was thinking if you built this model with enough supports under the roof beams and then carefully removed them afterwards, there doesnt seem to be a closed base to this print, then i guess it would be possible to print with white 3mm PLA on the ultimaker ?

319_005.jpg

i actually just spotted this zcorp model on another tread here on the forum.

I was thinking if you built this model with enough supports under the roof beams and then carefully removed them afterwards, there doesnt seem to be a closed base to this print, then i guess it would be possible to print with white 3mm PLA on the ultimaker ?

319_005.jpg

it's printed in at least 2 sections. you can do the base easily, if you manage to control/eliminate the blobbing and stringing. the roof sections could possibly be slow-printed with heavy additional cooling.

For the roofs, print those flat, then support the edges and heat up the whole part, so it slacks down. And a curved roof you have!

Or add support beams in just the roof, still printed as a 2nd part.

The rest is no problem really. Should print with ease.

thanks daid for the cool idea about the roof ! very smart.!

I just found this picture now, I would only print this completely in white PLA 3mm plastic. This is the type of model my bosses are hoping for to start with.

Of course I hope to produce for detail as time goes by, but this would be the expected starting level I think.

Fingers crossed.

i found this.

I know it is a product of a reprap and not ultimaker, but i cant imagine the reprap could make this and the ultimaker not?

nice to see really nice clean arch models coming out of these maschine... my future work goal...

http://www.db-rep.net/portfolio/digital-fabrication/

i found this.

I know it is a product of a reprap and not ultimaker, but i cant imagine the reprap could make this and the ultimaker not?

nice to see really nice clean arch models coming out of these maschine... my future work goal...

http://www.db-rep.net/portfolio/digital-fabrication/

By the looks of it possibly a resin-cured 3d print, not from a reprap. Sides are too smooth :lol:

But everything that you can make with reprap, you can also do with an Ultimaker.

thank you.

very funny that this man puts these model photos together with his reprap photos ??

can i ask what is resin cured 3d printing ?

is that totaly differenet than addictive printing ?

thanks.

Ian

Totally different. It uses the same technique as SLS. Think an LCD screen under a build plate, an aquarium with light-sensitive material on top and then you light layer per layer, until you get your design.

has anyone built any new houses or structures with their ultimaker ?

I am really looking to compile some nice structural examples.

Thanks.

i found this cool example from the reprap people today.

we have to start banging out things like this with the ultimaker.