non uniform heat in software

Grindyloww2

Posted · non uniform heat in software

I have a bibo dual extruder, which is inputted into cura as a non network printer. Both nozzles are set to generic PLA which used to be set permanently to 200* although for some reason now when I save the file to a removable drive it sets the temperature of nozzle 2 to 175 degrees while nozzle 1 stays at 200 degrees. I checked the actual code and it says "M104 T1 S175" rather than the "M104  T1 S200" that I would expect. To fix this, I changed the 175 to 200 on lines 17 and 21, but it only allowed the pre heating to be 200 degrees. I couldn't find any other instances of the 175 so I don't know the cause. I have uninstalled every file related to cura, ended its task and done everything I can, I don't know what else to do.

175 degrees is the standard "Standby temperature" for PLA. Cura uses the standby temperature to prevent oozing and material degradation by keeping the same material in the hotend.

Thank you, but I thought this might be the case so I let it run until the nozzle would have been needed, but the temperature never raised, and the motor couldn't or just wouldn't push out the filament in the 175* nozzle. due to this, the support wasn't printed, and the model all got stuck to the one hot head (not a big deal, just to show that nozzle one worked as expected).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 7 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies