Ultimaker Printcore Issues

Posted (edited) · Ultimaker Printcore Issues

I recently had my Ultimaker 3 Extended printing over night and as I came back in the morning to look at the print I saw an absolute disaster. The Material didn't print properly and somehow managed to find its way back up the side of the nozzle and onto the heaterblock. I immediately tryed to remove the printcore which was a mistake because not only was I unable to do so because of all the plastic clogging the entrence, but the display now also showed an error message which stated a max temp. error. I restarted the printer which made the error dissapear. Then I heated the core up to 210C and removed the core successfully. After that I swaped the AA core out which caused the max. temp error to reapear. So I opened the Ultimaker support site according to the error and went through all the steps off cleaning the pins etc. However all of this didnt solve the issue. In fact I now got the error message that my printcore is unrecognized (I tried 3 different cores and I doubt that they are all faulty). My bad luck went on as I made the poor decision to reset the printer to the factory settings. Now whenever I start the printer the setup appears and tells me to insert the cores which makes the "unrecognized printcore" message reappear and im now unable to go to the update page which I initially intended to.

Quick summary

Printer: UM3E latest firmware

Error messages: 

-Max temp. error on PrintCore - ER12

-An unrecognized printcore was inserted in the printhead

Troubleshooting:

-cleaned pins

-swaped multiple cores

-factory reset printer

-restarted printer multiple times

-checked for faulty connection (might be a faulty printhead pcb though)

20200618_195054.jpg

20200618_195057.jpg

Edited by Fabrice123

Posted · Ultimaker Printcore Issues

Most likely you have damaged the thermosister.

measure wth resistance between the right two wires where they plug in.

should be around 100k ohm.  
    if that works, look at the connection pads again