Additional skirt and brim layers please?

leoncp

Posted (edited) · Additional skirt and brim layers please?

Hi,

In other slicers there is often an option to print multiple layers of a skirt or brim... this is especially helpful when it becomes really hard to get the single layer off the bed afterwards.

For instance using S3D I can print 5 layers of a skirt so it becomes easy to remove... but in Cura I avoid printing a skirt/brim because it only prints a single layer and I then have to spend time painstakingly picking this thin layer off the flexible magnetic bed.

Please could you add this to one of your next versions?

Many thanks

Edited by leoncp

Posted · Additional skirt and brim layers please?

I’d like to see this as well.  I’ve had parts I was printing out of nylon that were warping so badly that they ripped away from their brims.  The brim stayed securely attached to the bed, but because it was only a single, thin layer the part sheared away from it at the connection point.  I suspect that a two or three layer brim could have resisted the tearing.

• 4 months later...
    Posted · Additional skirt and brim layers please?

Hello,

I have the same problem. I am normally printing with 0.12mm layer thickness for all layers including the first one. The skirt cannot be removed afterward. Eventually pieces of past skirts remain attached to the next prints. It would be very useful to have the feature to print a few layers of skirt.

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies