Prints stopping at certain height

castlenut

Posted · Prints stopping at certain height

Hi everyone, I am new to 3-d printing and have a Sunlu s8.  Please bare with me as I try to explain this.  I am trying to print a 'baby groot' and the printer just stops at z 149 and flashes.  I had something similar happen on another print and thought it was because I ran out of filament.  

I tried to edit the gcode to continue printing where it left off, but noticed the max z height set in the gcode is 149.  I have the print machine settings set to the maximum of the machine which I believe is 400mm.  Any idea why the gcode is printing at something smaller?

;MAXX:236.426
;MAXY:201.549
;MAXZ:149.9

image.thumb.png.2315131f188f81a19ca519cf7f47fc95.png

Thanks in advance.

Posted · Prints stopping at certain height

Toad.3mfsitting-groot-v1-1.3mf

Hi I uploaded the files.  I had the same issue with 'toad', where it stopped near the end of the print.  I think I figured out that the z max height in the gcode is the max height of the object?  I tried to continue the print and realized when I put the number that was blinking on the machine, it took it to the top of where the print should have finished, which was also the z height max listed in the gcode.

Thanks for your help.

groot.jpg