Nozzle switch extra prime amount

jens3

Posted · Nozzle switch extra prime amount

I am experimenting with dual material printing. I find that I have a lot of oozing during extruder switching due to a significant temperature difference between standby and active mode. I had anticipated to compensate for this by using the Cura feature "nozzle switch extra prime amount". After waaaay too much screwing around, I seem to have determined that this feature is only available if you use a prime tower (no mention of this in the little help text and the feature is not grayed out when no prime tower is selected).
Is there a magic incantation that makes the extra prime amount feature available without having to enable the prime tower? Using a prime tower wastes a lot of material and also causes excessive switching of extruders (every second layer) which causes things to slow down drastically.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Nozzle switch extra prime amount

I would like to know this as well.
    I have a GeeeTech A10M and the 2 to 1 nozzle is difficult to work with when the slicers were designed with dual nozzles in mind, and I think the dual extruder options are buggy anyways, when I use a prime tower, it prints the tower before it switches to the other extruder, completely defeating the purpose of the prime tower, this seems like it might be a legitimate bug in my version of Cura, or maybe a firmware issue, I'm new at this.