Nozzle switch extra prime amount

jens3

Posted · Nozzle switch extra prime amount

I am experimenting with dual material printing. I find that I have a lot of oozing during extruder switching due to a significant temperature difference between standby and active mode. I had anticipated to compensate for this by using the Cura feature "nozzle switch extra prime amount". After waaaay too much screwing around, I seem to have determined that this feature is only available if you use a prime tower (no mention of this in the little help text and the feature is not grayed out when no prime tower is selected).
Is there a magic incantation that makes the extra prime amount feature available without having to enable the prime tower? Using a prime tower wastes a lot of material and also causes excessive switching of extruders (every second layer) which causes things to slow down drastically.

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Nozzle switch extra prime amount

I would like to know this as well.
    I have a GeeeTech A10M and the 2 to 1 nozzle is difficult to work with when the slicers were designed with dual nozzles in mind, and I think the dual extruder options are buggy anyways, when I use a prime tower, it prints the tower before it switches to the other extruder, completely defeating the purpose of the prime tower, this seems like it might be a legitimate bug in my version of Cura, or maybe a firmware issue, I'm new at this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies