Coasting setting generate holes in the shell

zupalex

Posted · Coasting setting generate holes in the shell

Hello,

sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to search this forum.

I noticed that when I turn on coasting (I know it's in experimental) I get holes in the shell as can be seen on this screenshot attached below.

Is it known that coasting can create this type of effect? I set the volume to 0.08mm3 as i'm using a 0.2mm nozzle. The rest I had no clue so I left it default (coasting speed at 90% and minimum volume at 0.8mm3). It produces proper slicing for most of the models.

Thanks

image.thumb.png.e2142e62fb562c23e66dd37d4ba09c98.png

• 2 weeks later...
    Posted · Coasting setting generate holes in the shell

I did not get a notification that I got an answer.

I tried to print to model and it printed OK. I thought that the final result would have an actual hole like on the preview. This is very misleading in my opinion.