Ultimaker stop printing 15 minutes before ending

Posted · Ultimaker stop printing 15 minutes before ending

Hi.

Our compagny use a Ultimaker 3 ex for la long time (2 years) and this morning I witness a weird problem.

I sent a 22 hours job print yesterday (small print).  This morning, I was in front on the printer then suddently, it stop.

Stop, meaning the the head stop moving, the top light shut down, the screen still continue his countdown too.  I think it was still remaining 15 minutes to end the job. I think that LED of the head was OFF, so no heating too.  So, for 10 minutes I let the countdown go.  Just before the end I did touch the bed and found out that the Z-axis was not powered.

I restart the printer and try to unload the filament: the head did not heat up.

I restart the printer again, goes to manual setting of the printercore1, then unload the filament by hand (the wire was damage before the bowden).

I reseat the printer head and check for bad connection: no problem found.

I restart the printer and load the filament: everything turn good.

Did someone experience such problem before ?

Eric

Hi Eric, 

thank you for your message and welcome to the forums. If I understand it correctly all functions of the Ultimaker stopped except the display continued to think your print was still in progress? 

Did you try to print the same file again?

Perhaps a clue is in your logfiles. Can you share them with me? 

1. Insert the USB stick into the port on the front of your printer.

2. Perform the following menu sequence: System --> Maintenance --> Diagnostics --> Dump Files to USB.

Just adding to the issue:

I did not reprint the same model because the customer accept it as-is (was not a issue)

However, I still kept the same material and print 2 others models after.  I did not have any problem.

Is it posssible that there a thermal shutdown circuitry inside the Ultimaker 3 EX on the high voltage (light, motor, extruder) that could trip and the controller could not be aware of it ?

BTW, is the log file show any clue ?

Eric

Hello, I shared them with a product expert and he noticed a few things.

I would also like to ask: At which date did the error occur, so we're looking at the right log file. Is the Ultimaker 3 part of a group of printers? Of which the host is a Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle?

It looks like there is a lot of repetition of material profile errors in the logs but the reason for it is not exactly clear yet. Did you do a factory reset? Could you do one, and see how that goes?