Changing the formulas used to calculate values

rouven-s

Posted (edited) · Changing the formulas used to calculate values

Hi, im currently working on 3d printing related research and for that i often have to change values for speeds, temperatures etc.

For more well defined results I want to have all printing movements done at the same speed, so there is no difference between outer wall, inner wall or infill speeds. If I chose a new value for a new experiment, I have to enter that value in every window that asks for print speed, because the automatic calculation i calculating values i don't want. When setting up many trials, this can become quite tedious if you have to do that over and over. 

Here is an example : If I set print speed 100mm/s,  infill speed will be 100*1.66, wall speed will be 100*0.5, outer wall speed is 100*0.67 and inner wall speed is 100*1.33.

What I want is a way to set all those multiplication factors to 1.

Is there a way to do that?

Edited by rouven-s

• 1 month later...
    • 2 years later...
    Posted (edited) · Changing the formulas used to calculate values

Bumping this old thread because I would love to see this feature. I often have to change speeds and want certain speed settings to be proportional to the main "print speed" setting, via a formula. I end up tediously changing every speed manually. It would be awesome to be able to write it with a basic formula. For example, for infill speed you can put "=1.2x"Print Speed"" or something like that. You can just leave infill speed like that indefinitely so every time you change print speed, the infill speed automatically changes as well.

Is there any chance we will see a feature like this soon?

Edited by tstone52