Failed to Import Profile

mcollins

Posted · Failed to Import Profile

My colleague saved a profile for me to use on my print. We were using the same material (Tough PLA Black) for the same printer (Ultimaker S5), 

however when i tried to import his profile, the following error message came up.

Any ideas why this isn't working? 

Thanks! 

Import Profile Error Message.JPG

• 1 month later...
    On 7/17/2020 at 5:33 PM, UlrichC-DE said:

Hello,

Just an idea:
    Your colleague has a different (newer) version of Cura.

The same problem is happening to me on the newer Cura 4.7. But the `profile that I'm trying to import from is one I saved it from another Printer and trying to import it on another one. All done in Cura 4.7

Any thoughts about it?

• 1 month later...

I am using Cura 4.7.1 appimage on 2 PCs, each running ubuntu 20.04. I exported a profile from one PC and tried to import it on the other PC. I get a "Failed to import profile" error. "Could not find a quality type standard for the current configuration."

I'm using the same OS and the same version of Cura on both PCs.

Why doesn't this work?

SV01 Standard Quality.curaprofile

Posted (edited) · Failed to Import Profile

A little bit late, but it could be useful for others.  It doesn't work because your profile is defined on a Creality basis and not fdmprinter like the sovol SV01 machines have been declare in Cura. I don't know where it comes from but since it is not intended for this machine Cura can't associate it with your machine.  On top of that SV01 are using the quality definition type of a basic fdm printer so it reconize "normal" quality_type but for Creality printer this quality_type is call "standard".

ProfileSV01.JPG

Edited by Cuq

You may have to edit the files manually as described at the following URL. It may work for you since it is the same error but with a different quality type: https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/issues/6453#issuecomment-790267742

Ultimaker, please fix this. It is still happening in 4.8.0. More details are at the URL.