Cura 4.6.1 and Cr10s pro v2

Bokbfok

Posted · Cura 4.6.1 and Cr10s pro v2

good evening,

I got the printer about 3 weeks ago. The first handful of prints went great without a glitch. But suddenly the print would just not start. The printer would start after reaching temp, then auto level and them stop with the BL probe blinking red. Sometimes restarting the computer and printer would resolve this, other times changing a setting would do it. Sometimes, nothing helps, like tonight! I am printing mostly via USB cable, but have tried printing via sd card. I have yet to get it to print using the sd card. I have even tried with Cura 4.4.1 and have had the same results. This happens when printing with PLA, PETG or Nylon. Any help would be appreciated. 

The SD card slot is hardwired into the system.  Not being able to print from and SD card (provided the card is good) points to a problem on the motherboard.  Not being able to connect via the USB could also be a problem on the motherboard.  It's the age old question of "Is it the hardware or the software?".

If you have Pronterface installed then can it connect and talk to the printer?  For communication - Pronterface has a two-way interface that Cura does not.  If you send M503 to the printer it should respond with it's current settings.

Can I assume that "USB printing" is enabled in  Cura?  It's under Marketplace and needs to be enabled for USB com's.  Since it worked before this is probably not the problem but checking can't hurt.

The drivers for the USB connection are installed with Cura.  Maybe a re-install will clear up the com problem but not being able to print from SD card seems to point to the printer.

GV: The print always seem to start. The g-code that is found in machine settings runs then the print stops, either USB or SD. It appears to be the g-code that is specifically written for the print. Then after the tin machine update, cura longer sees the printer. When I plug the printer in via usb, the printer makes the connection sound along with the computer.

I am new-ish to the scene, can yo give me more info on Pronterface? I downloaded it from printrun but appears that I need more than just a single install file, like python?

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.6.1 and Cr10s pro v2

I'm running win10 and I recall that it was a simple installation so no help there.  Python is a programming language.  I believe both Pronterface and Cura are written in Python.

If you will attach a problem Gcode file here I can take a look tonight.

If you open a Gcode file in Cura and go to the Monitor pane, one of the boxes on the right is "Send Gcode".  If you send "M117 Hello" then Hello should show up on the LCD screen.  M106 S255 turns the fan on 100%.  M107 turns it off.  If that stuff works then coms are good.

I know you have been in there but double check all the machine settings to insure they are what your machine requires.  In particular check the "G-code flavor".

I just re-read your first post.  The "blinking BLTouch" has me wondering if the Auto-Level command is causing a problem.  What I don't know about auto-leveling fills libraries but you might try hand leveling and then disabling the Auto-Level command in the Gcode file by putting a semi-colon in front of the G29 line.  MAKE SURE your bed is below Z=0 or the nozzle can scrape when you try to print.

Edited by GregValiant