Cura settings ender 3/pro

SpectreOl

Posted · Cura settings ender 3/pro

Hi,

Can someone please tell me what the difference is between the cura settings for the ender 3 and ender 3 pro?

Is there differences because of the bed type?

I have the ender 3 pro (magnetic bed) and I have swapped that out for the glass bed. Prints are ok, but not fantastic I was wondering if I should use the ender 3 settings now, rather than the ender 3 pro settings,  due to the change in bed type..

Many thanks to anyone who can help..

Add both printers to Cura and compare both!

I don't think they differ much, but in both cases you will have to finetune the profiles to get better prints out of them!

On YouTube you can find CHEP, he has many Creality-printers and has lots of videos online. From his website you can download Cura Profiles for Ender 3 (Pro)...

https://www.chepclub.com/cura-profiles.html

I use these profiles on my Ender 3 Pro... Also take a look at his Start/End G-code...

• Like 1

Hi Mari, 

Thanks for your reply..

Yeah, I love cheps filament Friday videos and another guy called Brian, cant remember his name but he is very clear in what he says.

The main difference I'm aware of is that the ender 3 came with a glass bed, if I'm correct,  the pro, coming with the magnetic bed that only goes up to 80c.

As I changed to glass, I was wondering if I should use the ender 3 profile. I'll have to go through it in detail when I get a chance..

Prints are ok, and bed is well levelled,  but I'm getting a little roughness on the base of the print. Looking at the site (my goto) all3dp, it indicates turning off cooling on the 1st layer - that's what got me wondering about the profile differences. 

Once again, my thanks..

I know a few people who have an Ender 3 Pro and switched to a glass bed... they haven't changed their settings for printing...  There will be a difference in the first layer, the magnetic bed is different from a glass bed... sometimes it is difficult to find the right temperature-setting of the material you are printing...

Lower or raise the temperature a little and find out what works best for you...

I swapped the magnetic bed for a glass bed on my 3 Pro.  I use the same Cura settings as I did with the magnetic bed.  The machine has loosened up over the months I've had it and I can print faster now but slowing down the outer wall speed makes for nicer looking prints.

I have printed ABS a bit.  The bed struggles to get to 110C but at 109C it runs fine.  I throw a Hefty leaf bag over the top for a hood and it prints ABS fairly well.