Weird layer view on new cura installation

Gero

Posted · Weird layer view on new cura installation

Hello there.
So I installed a new cura version on my second PC which is supposed to become my Printer-PC.
But I noticed that the Layer view looks pretty awkward. I don't get a good look of the layer preview which hinders me to print from that PC.
The layer lines are rendered extremely thin, which results in a bad quality of the preview. It's pretty hard to see what exactly gets printed and how the support interact with the object.
Also the simulation bar/play-button for the nozzle simulation is completely missing.

Besides that, I can't change to preview mode to other view settings like "speed" or "layer height". It only tells me "compatibility mode".
I checked the cura general settings and the option to force a compatibility mode is off.

On my first PC the layers view looks normal and what I'm used to.

1298375251_curabug3.thumb.PNG.d1c9a9d66ec466f8bebf86e6ffaa83e4.PNG1216263573_curabug2.thumb.PNG.d8f50ef07daa9c6b8bbc31e7c435701d.PNG1959107798_curabug1.thumb.PNG.f7c3bd711e3f797c29c4cd9882cad559.PNG

Posted · Weird layer view on new cura installation

But compatibility mode is also used if the Open GL version is less than 4.1. Take a log at the cura.log file and you will see what version is being detected. Maybe a driver update is required?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...