Connecting Bibo printer

Posted · Connecting Bibo printer

First off I am a total noob to all of this. Please go easy on me. 

I have a bibo dual extruder and when I try to add a printer in cura it only lists ultimaker printers. I was told cura was "it" as far as software goes. Am I using the wrong software?

Secondly, files seem to save in 

ufp and I need them in gcode to print them. How do I convert? Any help on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When you add a non-networked printer BIBO is listed in the drop down box.

You have the correct software.  It's very good.

When saving the file select Gcode from the "Save as Type" box.

Well, that should cover this mornings problems.

You'll also find that there are some profiles for Cura (and other slicing software) supplied on the SD card that came with the printer. Follow the instructions provided on the SD card to install them on Cura.

There should be many more on that list.  First below Ultimaker BV is "Custom" and below that are a lot of different manufacturers.  I wonder if they somehow got missed during the installation.

I am at my wits end. I have uninstalled cura 3 times and reinstalled. I cant get any other printers to show up on that list other than the ones listed in that pic. Are the only printers supported by cura ultimakers? I feel like this is something simple that i am just not seeing. 

Does my printer need to be "connected"? If I put the file I want to print on a card and insert it into the printer will that work? If so how do I save the file to gcode format? 

I was using the wrong version, 4.6 considering it is 15. now I dont even understand how that is even an option when I googled the software, anywho, it appears i have figured out the issue at hand. I'm sure there will be countless others to come. Thanks for your responses.