Print says out of material when not so

Posted · Print says out of material when not so

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? The filament stops extruding and the printer says it is out of material -- when it's not. It appears that what is happening is that the inside of the filament melts, and the shiny outside layer builds up in the nozzle, but does not melt, and then the the filament can no longer be pushed through the nozzle. See image. It clears when you unload the filament. Any suggestions on how to remedy? This is a third part filament PLA from Printed Solid. Nozzle temp is 200.

IMG_3139.JPG

Was having this trouble also. Mine appeared to be from filament grinding in the back of the printer. After getting the error I upped my temperature by 15% and lowered my speed by 15% and have not had a problem since.

The filament run out does not always mean that its run out, it also picks up and gives a error if the right amount of filament if not moving via the feeder. This can be down to a blocked nozzle, drag on the spool, bad filament.

So a few things to try are like @willryan3 as said already, try to print as a higher temp, go up in 5c steps to about 215c as normal PLA should not really need to be any higher than that.

Clean the print cores, check the 3rd party spool is moving free on the spool holder with no drag, check out the feeders incase you got bits of filament in there.

Hello I have problem that  is there are 2 nozzle places on robin nano v1.2 . but  the mosfet in Hea0 is burn. So i want it to keep working from Hea1. When I tried to connect the terminal and termistor to E1 , Heater does not warm. I think I should change something from program. But I dont know how to and what to do. Could anyone Help me please?

nano.jpeg

1.jpeg

ink.jpg