Cura 4.6.2 - Where is the Nozzle settings?

pa_trick

Posted · Cura 4.6.2 - Where is the Nozzle settings?

I had my primary installation of Cura 4.6.1 start doing some very strange things. So I purged my computer of all cura hooks, directories, etc rebooted and installed 4.6.2 fresh with the profiles and such for my Sidewinder X1. I loaded my first .stl and could not do anything because there was no Nozzle size defined. Ok, so I checked the Print profile and there was nothing about nozzle there, the Extruder had the correct filament size and nozzle offset, but no nozzle size. Just in-case I checked out a couple material profiles and the Nozzle size was not hidden there.

Any suggestions where I can find the Nozzle size definition in 4.6.2?  alstublieft en bedankt 

In the main Cura screen and with the Prepare view on-screen, there is a block right under the word Prepare.  Clicking on it SHOULD bring up a box to enter material and nozzle size.

There is a pull down list under the material tab, but the only entry is "empty" so it appears that there is a list of standard size data missing some where. That data list is what I was looking for.

Please Note this is installed on Ubuntu 20.04 using the "Ultimaker_Cura-4.6.2.appImage"

Screenshot from 2020-07-27 06-03-54.png

There are no nozzle profiles present for this definition. These would need to be added to your installation before various nozzle sizes appear. Some clues are in the documentation here:

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/wiki/Profiles-&-Settings#variant

https://github.com/Ultimaker/Cura/tree/master/resources/variants

Ideally this definition should be updated by someone in the community - and when tested and working - submitted to us a pull request. We can then merge the changes and ship it in future Cura versions so that it works out of the box.

We won't be fixing it because we can only maintain Ultimaker printer definitions. This is simply because we don't have the means to test every third party printer out there.

bedankt. I suspect the the issue is more related to how it is responding on a Linux platform (ubuntu 20.04). I have attached a screen grab of my Variant's directory and one of the definitions contained in it.... I guess I will not be attaching one of the CFG files because your site does not accept .CFG files.1676004548_Screenshotfrom2020-07-2716-53-19.thumb.png.85f7a250f9b3c4028925e0038ad7989f.png

here is the content of the artillery_base_0.4.inst.cfg. Tell if the file is correctly formed.

[general]
    name = 0.4mm Nozzle
    version = 4
    definition = artillery_base

[metadata]
    setting_version = 13
    type = variant
    hardware_type = nozzle

[values]
    machine_nozzle_size = 0.4

If the variant files are present and formatted correctly in the correct folder, the printer definition will start to work as expected when Cura launches. Have you created extruder variants as well?

Yes, it is a full profile. I backed out 4.6.2 and reloaded the 4.6.1 AppImage and the profile appears to be working correctly there. At least I have nozzles and it is able to slice. I am continuing to check it out.

I have included a zip of the complete profile from my Win10 machine since it has the resources directory structure. It was created by Eric at https://3d-nexus.com/

SidewinderX1Cura 4.6.1 Profile.zip

Warnings and errors about printer definitions are usually extensively reported in "cura.log". That's probably the most useful place to look at.

Or do a comparison with the provided files in the AppImage.

For example:

setting_version = 13   is suspicious

- it should be 14 (as far as i can see)

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.6.2 - Where is the Nozzle settings?

I have this same issue with 4.6.2 on a Mac.  I tried updating the files to setting_version = 14 which had no effect.  I got rid of 4.6.2 and did a fresh 4.6.1 install and then everything worked as expected.

Edited by AnthonyJackman
    typo