Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
EVRC

UM3 degraded prints overtime on

Posted · UM3 degraded prints overtime on

Hi everyone,

ive posted a few times about this issue that I’ve had with my UM3 and I’d really like to fix it now. After my printer has been printing a few prints and been on for awhile the printer starts doing weird things. The latest example is a 1/35 scale Jeep body with two filament colors. The first couple of prints were ok but I need to make some adjustment on supports. After that the printer started underextruding one color and overextending another. If I restart the printer it prints fine. Here is a pic of the start of a decent print and the second bad one. I restarted the printer after this and it’s currently printing another one. It’s looking ok for now. 

B37EEA13-7E22-46D7-A2B8-A1E739DF29FF.jpeg

Have you aborted a print job before?

I can remember there was a bug in an older firmware that after aborting a job, the printer does sometimes wired things. 

Do you have the latest firmware installed?

Do you get the underextrsion all the time or just in the first layers?

Posted (edited) · UM3 degraded prints overtime on

I’ll double check but I do believe I’m on the latest firmware. I have recently aborted a print. The underextrusion will be random when it happens. It was strange how there’d be underextrusion then noodles on the back of the model. 

Edited by EVRC

Have you tried different print cores?

I have a number of different cores. I’ll switch them out and see if it’s there is any change. 

It could be that one print core is partly clogged and with a change you can quickly check this. If it is working with another one, you can switch back and do some hot/cold pulls to clean the nozzle. Especially if you print with different materials it could happen that some residues remains in the nozzle.

I just cleaned both cores and did a fresh restart. We’ll see how it turns out tomorrow 

I keep my fingers crossed 🤞

Well it finished without the major defects. I think we have another issue. It’s warping and drooping. Everywhere. You think my fans my not be working?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Looks funny, sorry 😀

But I have no idea how this can happen. Do you print too hot? Or yes maybe the fans are not working.