Yet another feature request: re-enable "Skirt"

burki

Posted · Yet another feature request: re-enable "Skirt"

Hello Daid / UM-Team,

yesterday i finally upgraded to the latest Cura (so far i had used 12.12).

I like it a lot especially the slicing speed is absolutely wow! Nice work!

one thing, though: would it be possible to offer the skirt option from the older versions?

I was printing some cog wheels (which came out beautifully by the way), but cleaning the brim is one heck of work.

Switching off the brim doesn't seem to be a valid option, since i seem to need the "priming" of the nozzle.

Would that be possible, maybe as an option in the "platform adhesion" setting?

Posted · Yet another feature request: re-enable "Skirt"

Skirt is activated by default if you choose "none" for platform adhesion type. Check the layers view and you'll see it ;)

Also, there is an intelligent feature for defining the Skirt properties in the Expert Settings: Set the amount of lines to 1 AND the minimal length to about 300mm (my choice - choose whatever you find suitable). This automatically makes multiple skirt lines for smaller models and only one line for large models.