Cura performance (and some bugs)

bonelli

Posted · Cura performance (and some bugs)

Hi everyone,

Is there a way, such as graphic card parameter or something else,  to boost cura ?

I'm working on a pro workstation: Xeon Silver 4112 + 32GB DDR4 and a decent SSD.

I would expect that the only the slicing (and eventually the preview mode) may be compute-intensive, but multiplying a part, or modifying the nozzle, materiel or any parameter change launch a lot of computing in background. This computing seems to be proportional to the number/complexity of parts and this is really annoying with dealing with a huge number of small pieces: each parameter change make the software to freeze for >10s.  I my mind, there is no complex computing to do after any parameter change.

I also noticed 2 bugs:

- one can enter incorrect number in some parameters and cura is not testing for boundaries (attached image) : a 1000% filling is accepted

-  the "rearange all parts" did not work in some cases: parts where placed in a circle and some parts were outside the plate (I manually moved them to replace them correctly and obtained the attached image)

cura1000.png

Posted · Cura performance (and some bugs)
    32 minutes ago, bonelli said:

Is there a way, such as graphic card parameter or something else,  to boost cura ?

Yep! Download the 4.7.0 beta. This is one of the issues that has been significantly improved!

33 minutes ago, bonelli said:

- one can enter incorrect number in some parameters and cura is not testing for boundaries (attached image) : a 1000% filling is accepted

It's not entirely incorrect. Some people use this to overfill areas. Going over a 100 is a bit of weird thing to do, hence it turning orange.

34 minutes ago, bonelli said:

-  the "rearange all parts" did not work in some cases: parts where placed in a circle and some parts were outside the plate (I manually moved them to replace them correctly and obtained the attached image)

Also a known issue. I expect us to work on that for the 4.8 release.