Cura and Com ports

usajet

Posted · Cura and Com ports

I am using Cura 4.6.2 and I can't find where I can change the comport. When I am printing and I turn on another printer it stops the print and wants to print on the printer I just turned on. How can I fix this?

Posted · Cura and Com ports

When you say "turn on another printer" do you mean selecting Printer B from your list in Cura while Cura is sending Gcode over the USB to Printer A?  Or do you mean powering on a second printer?  I'll try to address the first.

You can try starting another instance of Cura and selecting Printer B there.  That would leave Cura instance #1 alone so it can just be a host for Printer A.  The com port to Printer A is busy so Cura #2 can't access it.  Cura #2 will poll possible com ports for an available port and if you have a second USB configured as a com port for Printer B it MIGHT be found and printing to the port MIGHT work.

If printing from an SD card is an option then that might be the easiest thing to do.