Updating cura = fixing profiles

eried

Posted · Updating cura = fixing profiles

On last 3 updates, 4.1 to 4.2... then 4.4... then 4.6 (I am trying to avoid to update lately) I have to work on the profiles for some reason. Is this normal? is this happening to everyone?

I get some errors loading a profile, reset all profiles, fill the Wizard, copy some old backup back and in the configuration folder try to find the guilty files. Waste of 20-30 minutes per upgrade. I have not take notes of the errors because I was thinking "yeah this is probably a-one-time thing for just this version" but now I see cura saying: version 4.7 available and got a reminder of this sh*t.

I recently fixed a bug with the profile saving that caused these corruptions. This fix is in 4.7, so i dearly hope that this is the last that we see / hear about this issue.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nallath said:

I recently fixed a bug with the profile saving that caused these corruptions. This fix is in 4.7, so i dearly hope that this is the last that we see / hear about this issue.

Oh wow thanks! this is the first time since 3.6 that I dont have to fiddle with the settings

Glad to hear. I'm also super happy that I finally manged to track down what caused it. It was super elusive, because it would only happen occasionally (making it very hard to reproduce what caused it and if any changes we made actually resolved the issue)