problems with profiles in ultimaker cura 4.7

Angelowis

Posted · problems with profiles in ultimaker cura 4.7
I import a profile and Cura tells me that it has been importing successfully, but now I don't see it anywhere, it is not in the dropdown of custom profiles. It has happened to me with two. One was a .gcode and one was a .curaprofile. To test if it was the Cura that was wrong, I uninstalled it and installed the Cura 4.5, but it still does the same to me. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Any suggestions please?

image.png.a7808681a5b45a8fae7f5df73d18162a.png

I had similar issues. 

In my case, I learned that if the selected Material profile is "Not Supported" by Cura (the material field in the Prepare view goes orange), then Cura changes the profile options to a default set, hiding all of the custom profiles.  For me, it was enough to change the material type from PLA+ to PLA in my custom material profiles or just to select one of the generic material profiles, and all my print profiles were visible again.

Your issue may differ, of course, but I hope this helps...

Was looking to slice something today and no profiles for print settings. CURA 4.7.1

CURA was working fine last night and was still open this morning. I cannot add or load any print settings now

Even after restarting CURA, all my settings, gone

CURA Capture.PNG

CURA Capture.PNG

I had a similar issue. I tried to import my profiles from (i think)4.3 to 4.7 and noticed that even with the message that it worked, the actual profile was nowhere to be found.

And this is my solution

1. Set material type to generic PLA and the nozzle size to 0.6mm 

I had a similar issue. I tried to import my profiles from (i think)4.3 to 4.7 and noticed that even with the message that it worked, the actual profile was nowhere to be found.

And this is my solution

1. Set material type to generic PLA and the nozzle size to 0.6mm. With these settings were my profiles shown. If you can't see yours try all the nozzle sizes and even then might my work around still work.

2. To have all my profiles shown with 0.4mm nozzle the following steps are required.

In the folder of your profiles (i would strongly recomend making a copy of all profiles at that point in cases something goes south) rename the profiles from .curaprofile to .zip.

3. unzip the two files in the new zip document.

edit both via editor and change 

"quality_type = draft"
    "setting_version = 6"

to

"quality_type = standard"
    "setting_version = 15"

or

"quality_type = super"
    "setting_version = 15"

(for super fine printsettings)

4. zip them together again and change the .zip back to .curaprofile

5. import