The First Line

ljbeng

Posted · The First Line

Not sure if Cura software peeps read these posts but I'd like when I press Preview to see the "test" line that is printed (Ender3 and CR10).  Once in a while my  print walks over that line and things get fused.  I do not want to remove the line, I like it 🙂

Posted · The First Line

It's in the "Start Gcode" so Cura can't really show it in preview because Cura doesn't develop it (and I wouldn't want Cura playing with my personal settings).

After you save the file to Gcode you can open that Gcode file in Cura and it will show up.  If it is interfering with the print, you could then go into the Gcode file and comment out (;) the G1 lines in the startup section and get rid of it for just that print.

Posted · The First Line

The position of the first lines changed during different versions of Cura... I like to maximize my buildvolume, so I moved these lines closer to the edge of the buildplate... sometimes I remove the line directly after it is printed 😉. Compare your Start G-code with the part of my G-code!

G1 X5.1 Y20 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to start position
    G1 X5.1 Y200.0 Z0.28 F1500.0 E15 ;Draw the first line
    G1 X5.4 Y200.0 Z0.28 F5000.0 ;Move to side a little
    G1 X5.4 Y20 Z0.28 F1500.0 E30 ;Draw the second line

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies