PLEASE HELP!!! WALL OR SHELL ISSUE

okay1984

Posted · PLEASE HELP!!! WALL OR SHELL ISSUE

Hi Guys,

I'm a beginner of Cura. Trying to understand the parameters in the settings panel. Currently I got this issue which I don't quite understand. I'm wondering why this happened, then I might think about the solution and learn more about the Cura. The pictures attached.

I tried to increase the wall flow, FAILED!

I tried to decrease the Z height, FAILED!

I tried to slow down the outer/inner wall speed, FAILED.

Please help.

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

Strange.  Well you need to concentrate on the bottom layer.  Don't let the print continue until you have a good bottom layer.  The good news is you get feedback early on in the print and don't have to wait 10 minutes to know if you fixed the problem.

1) So what kind of surface are you printing on?  This is the most critical question.  is this metal?  Whatever it is, I think you need to add something to this surface.  Like possibly painters tape?  or a layer of some kind of glue.  A popular thing to use is 1 part wood glue to 10 parts water, paint it on, let it dry.  But I don't recommend doing that for necessarily every surface and I have no idea what this surface is you are printing on.

2) The bottom layer needs to squish more.  Does your printer have a manual leveling procedure?  If so, level another 0.1 to 0.2mm lower.

3) You may have some backlash issues (look it up on wikipedia).  Or maybe not.  But that might partly explain why the infill isn't reaching the walls.  Does your printer have belts?  If so, pluck them to see if they play an audible note.  Typically you want the belts at around 100 to 200 Hz for open lengths of 8 inches (20cm).  Higher pitch for shorter belts.  You can download a guitar tuning app if you want to check the frequency of your belt vibrations.

4) You might have some underextrusion but... probably not.  Printing slower always improves underextrusion issues.  Make sure the bottom layer is nice and slow at 20mm/sec.

I think your issues may be purely #1 and/or #2.

Thinking some more, backlash seems like the most likely culprit.  With the printer not moving, push the nozzle around in x and y (if you have a printer where the bed moves, push that around also).  Push gently - like the force of 2 sticks of butter's weight.  The nozzle/bed should not move - not even 1/4mm.  If it does, check if it's the belts, or something else is loose.

9 hours ago, gr5 said:

Thinking some more, backlash seems like the most likely culprit.  With the printer not moving, push the nozzle around in x and y (if you have a printer where the bed moves, push that around also).  Push gently - like the force of 2 sticks of butter's weight.  The nozzle/bed should not move - not even 1/4mm.  If it does, check if it's the belts, or something else is loose.

Thanks for your help. I will follow your guidelines and check every step. Keep you posted.