[Linux] Visibility Settings not saved since Cura 4.6.2

WPT

Posted · [Linux] Visibility Settings not saved since Cura 4.6.2

Hello there,

I have a small issue I can't solve:

Since Cura version 4.6.2 (also still with 4.7.1) my "visibility settings" are not saved any longer. I have to remark them every time in the configuration/settings screen. The values of those settings, though, are getting saved.

Also - I guess it's the same issue/reason - when opening 4.6.2 or 4.7.1 I get the release note/changelog screen everytime at the start (like it would be a first time opening the appimage).

Those things do not occur with 4.6.1 and I have no idea what could be causing it. But it's bugging me a lot.

If someone has any idea what the problem could be or what I could try, let me know.

System:

Host: wpt-mint Kernel: 4.15.0-70-generic x86_64 bits: 64 compiler: gcc v: 7.4.0
Desktop: MATE 1.22.0 wm: marco dm: LightDM Distro: Linux Mint 19.2 Tina
base: Ubuntu 18.04 bionic

3 minutes ago, Smithy said:

Sounds like the application or the user who runs the application has no write permissions to the configuration folder.

I would agree if the values of the "unlocked visibility" settings wouldn't be saved, but they do. And I can see in the config folder the "cura.cfg" file gets changed.

Is there another folder beside /home/user/.config/cura ?

I just downloaded 4.6.0 (a version I never had, 4.6.1 was the first on my PC) and there the problem also does not occur, so it really starts with 4.6.2.

Well, I will open an issue on github then, if that's the way to go.

Thanks for your reply.

Sounds strange and as far as I know Cura uses just one configuration folder, so when this folder is writeable then the root cause is something else.

I never tried the Linux version, but open an issue on GitHub is the best way to report such things.