Where did my Profiles go?

LePaul

Posted · Where did my Profiles go?

Hi

This one has me stumped.

My peers send me the Cura Projects so I can open them and see the print settings, model and how everything is set for their print request.

One thing I notice, even if I close out and start new, is the various Profiles are missing.  Such as the 0.1 , etc etc...   How do I get these back?

image.thumb.png.e31d02fcdb5cbbe84271dc352662f9e7.png

Posted (edited) · Where did my Profiles go?

Due to the nature of my work I can't.

I just tried adding an Ultimaker S5 again and now I have them back (didn't work previously but closed and restarted Cura)

We're trying to use a workflow where they send me their project so I can see the model and Cura settings (similar to what we do with S3D).  This way if their settings are incorrect, I can either make changes...or if it is quicker to use one of Cura's built in profiles, I can use that.

Is that a good process or do you advise another method?

Thanks

Edited by LePaul

Yeah that is a good workflow, which is also why I'm asking for the project file.

Anyhow. Could you just send a project file without the model in it? I'm just interested in what profiles are active (since that is where the problem is).

My guess is that somewhere you have a BB nozzle selected for a material that doesn't need it. That's usually why and when this happens.

That's an interesting point.

The user didn't match what the S5 had loaded for Cores and Materials.

I changed them over via the Settings menu but then lost the profiles in doing so.