Issue with curved surfaces in cura 4.7

aarab1988

Posted · Issue with curved surfaces in cura 4.7

So I recently upgraded to cura 4.7 and I started seeing issues with curved surfaces, little blobs of filament on the surface. When you watch it print it seems to slow down and stutter a bit on the most inside wall. The rest of the walls seem to print just fine.  The printer is fairly new, a coreXY running a duet wifi, so I figured it was an issue with slicer settings. I started tweaking, and I tweaked everything. One at time and printing a benchy for each one, or at least high enough to see if the problem persisted. I aligned the seam to the back left , changed print speed , acceleration, jerk, tuned retractions. Nothing helped. So started messing with the mesh resolution settings in cura changed them one at a time to both extremes and nothing helped in fact it even got worse at one point. It seems anything i try doesn't help at all. The only way I've found to alleviate the problem is to just go back to cura 4.6. Which i find strange because it's all the same settings just a mk3 profile I altered slightly. Here's some pictures of a benchy printed in 4.6 and 4.7 please ignore the poor cooling in the 4.6 picture i had the speed turned up quite high i was tired of waiting for things to print.cura4.7.thumb.jpg.22243ea74f721a681d49b3500acc118b.jpgcura4.6.thumb.jpg.2f37dbc9f1a69d7d61d844189cefc96b.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 26 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies