New Machine Profile: Build Volume and Build Plate representation not aligned

reibuehl

Posted · New Machine Profile: Build Volume and Build Plate representation not aligned

Hi,

I am trying to create a new machine profile for Cura. I created a machine definition and extruder definition file and also have a STL for the build plate. When I create a new printer based on this profile, the build volume cube and the build plate representation are not centered to each other. The build plate is misaligned in x and y direction:Capture.thumb.JPG.4743f1fe8bd7cdb6764459849136d40a.JPG

I guess I am missing parameters in the machine definition file to align them, but I don't know which parameters to use or how to create the STL in a way that it automatically gets aligned. How can I do this?

Posted · New Machine Profile: Build Volume and Build Plate representation not aligned
    6 minutes ago, reibuehl said:

I guess I am missing parameters in the machine definition file to align them, but I don't know which parameters to use or how to create the STL in a way that it automatically gets aligned. How can I do this?

You're right! You can set the offset that the model has in the machine definition. If you add

"platform_offset": [0, 0, -14],

In the "metadata" of the definition, you can move the display location of the platform around.

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies