Jump to content
Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts

Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder


shinzuriki
 Share

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited) · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder

Hello guys,
Nice to meet you!

I had a problem, when I tried to add this customize timelapse, and restart CURA

I couldn't find the script I put inside.

https://gist.github.com/simonjamain/beeca3f692b087e0e27712971aa0842b

Anyone can teach me how to install (copy and paste) the script inside CURA v4.7?

thank you

Edited by shinzuriki
wrong enter
  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    • shinzuriki changed the title to Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder
    Posted · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder

    The file needs to be put inside the scripts folder, not the plugins folder, nor the script folder.

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder

    I already put it inside this folder
    but nothing changes
    C:\Program Files\Ultimaker Cura 4.7\plugins\PostProcessingPlugin\scripts

    Can you tell me which folder is supposed to be?

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder

    Cura loads post-processing scripts from both places on startup. The scripts folder in the configuration (as described on the GitHub page) is intended to be used for those custom scripts (AFAIK).

    If the python script doesn't show up you will probably find the reason (or error messages) in the file "cura.log". Cura reports a lot of stuff there, just search for the file name of the python script.

     

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder
    On 10/17/2020 at 5:25 AM, tinkergnome said:

    Cura loads post-processing scripts from both places on startup. The scripts folder in the configuration (as described on the GitHub page) is intended to be used for those custom scripts (AFAIK).

    If the python script doesn't show up you will probably find the reason (or error messages) in the file "cura.log". Cura reports a lot of stuff there, just search for the file name of the python script.

     

     

    thank you for your reply

    I still new for this kind of issue.
    However, from where I can learn that to measure this issue?
    Can you tell me the link or something?
    thank you

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder
    9 hours ago, shinzuriki said:

    However, from where I can learn that to measure this issue?

     

    Now you're talking about programming in Python and/or interpretation of error messages you get?

    At first i would ask the author of the original Python script. Did you made any changes or just "download and copy file"?

     

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted (edited) · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder
    On 10/15/2020 at 5:34 PM, shinzuriki said:

    Anyone can teach me how to install (copy and paste) the script inside CURA v4.7?

     

    Oh - and don't use "copy and paste". Here is an easy way to download the file from the gist page:

    • click on the "Raw" button
    • choose "Save page as..." in your browser (shortcut "CTRL+S" in Firefox and Chrome)
    • copy the file into the "scripts" folder (steps 1 to 5 from the linked page)

    I made a test right now. Worked flawlessly.

     

    grafik.png.794ef906f477e605961b5177aacf8c5e.png

     

     

    grafik.thumb.png.e80bea4f54f0dd23d3d6ebeca9070cdc.png

     

     

    Edited by tinkergnome
    • Thanks 1
    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Posted · Cura 4.7 couldn't add the script inside plugins folder or script folder
    5 hours ago, tinkergnome said:

     

    Oh - and don't use "copy and paste". Here is an easy way to download the file from the gist page:

    • click on the "Raw" button
    • choose "Save page as..." in your browser (shortcut "CTRL+S" in Firefox and Chrome)
    • copy the file into the "scripts" folder (steps 1 to 5 from the linked page)

    I made a test right now. Worked flawlessly.

     

    grafik.png.794ef906f477e605961b5177aacf8c5e.png

     

     

    grafik.thumb.png.e80bea4f54f0dd23d3d6ebeca9070cdc.png

     

     

    thank you!!
    now I can use that script!

  • Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now
     Share

    • Our picks

      • New here? Get ahead with a free onboarding course
        Hi,
         
        Often getting started is the most difficult part of any process. A good start sets you up for success and saves you time and energy that could be spent elsewhere. That is why we have a onboarding course ready for
        Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle, Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 Ultimaker 2+ Connect.   
        They're ready for you on the Ultimaker Academy platform. All you need to do to gain access is to register your product to gain free access. 
        Ready? Register your product here in just 60 seconds.
        • 11 replies
    ×
    ×
    • Create New...