3MF workflow

mer10

Posted (edited) · 3MF workflow

Our goal is to share print setups and replicate the same results around the world on different S5 machines.

3MF looked promising, it encodes the 3D models, bed placement, material and all the Cura settings. Unfortunately it seem to encode the exact S5 printer as well (like my MertenS5 when I save a 3MF).  When my colleague opens the 3MF (open as project) in another location my MertenS5 is added to his printer list. Changing it to a local S5 printer changes the settings. With this limitation we can’t replicate the same results around the world on different S5 machines.  What are we doing wrong? Is there a way to change printers and keep all the settings? The printers are all S5, we have the exact same filaments everywhere, some S5s have the material station.

Thanks,

Merten

Edited by mer10

Posted · 3MF workflow

I appreciate your idea. We have multiple S5 printers in some locations. Assuming that workaround would work, we could then only print on the one printer with that name per location. Hope there is a better way. Thank you. 

Posted · 3MF workflow

Yeah, we recently added that feature. I'm not quite sure if it's in 4.7, but i'm sure it will be in 4.8.

Previously you would only get a "update" or "create new" when you loaded a 3mf file. In the new worlkflow you will get "Update machine A", "Update machine B" and "create new". When selecting "Update machine ...." it will take the settings from the project file and apply them to that machine.

• Like 1