Brand new S3 shows S5 during startup on screen.

ninjaltu

Posted · Brand new S3 shows S5 during startup on screen.

Dear Ultimaker,

i have just purchased an ultimaker S3, when trying to get it going we ran into some problems. The machine identify it self as an S5 though it is an S3. We have tried to load firmware for  S3 on it but it didn't help. Still the logo on the screen says S5 and so on also the default prints located on the usb stick is not identified by the printer. I tried setting printer settings in cura to be S5 and now the printer identify the prints but it doesn't work properly. Please advise.

Best regards Mats

Posted · Brand new S3 shows S5 during startup on screen.

Hi @ninjaltum thank you for posting this question here. There is a way we can help your Ultimaker S3 to help remember who he truly is, carry the S3 model with pride, without shipping it to your reseller (not sure if that is what they will suggest). Please let me know if you still have it in your possession and I will share the instructions with you. It is not complicated, you can place a file on your USB, insert it in the S3 and it should do the trick. 

Thanks, 

• Like 1